Edwards Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
Indulge in the rich and creamy flavors of Edwards Chocolate Cream Pie with this easy-to-follow recipe. Made with a chocolate cookie crust, velvety chocolate filling, and topped with freshly whipped cream, this dessert is sure to impress your guests. Perfect for any occasion, from birthdays to holidays, this pie is a sweet treat that will leave everybody wanting more.
- 1 ½ cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine the chocolate cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish to form the crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk and 1 cup of heavy cream over medium heat until just simmering.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, salt, and egg yolks until well combined.
- Slowly pour the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly to prevent curdling.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the prepared pie crust and smooth the top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until set.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, whip the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream until soft peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the chilled pie.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings.
- Slice and serve.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
Indulge in the rich and creamy flavors of Edwards Chocolate Cream Pie. Made with a chocolate cookie crust, velvety chocolate filling, and topped with freshly whipped cream, this dessert is sure to impress.
Nutritional Information: (per serving)
– Calories: 420
– Fat: 28g
– Carbohydrates: 39g
– Protein: 4g
Experience the decadence of Edwards Chocolate Cream Pie with every bite. The chocolate cookie crust provides the perfect base, adding a delightful crunch to each slice. The filling is smooth and luxurious, thanks to the combination of rich chocolate, milk, and cream.
Creating this masterpiece is a breeze. Begin by preparing the crust. Blend chocolate cookie crumbs with melted butter until well combined. Press the mixture into a pie dish, ensuring an even layer across the bottom. Let it chill in the refrigerator while you work on the filling.
The filling is where the magic truly happens. In a saucepan, heat the milk and cream until gently simmering. Meanwhile, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, salt, and egg yolks in a separate bowl. Slowly pour the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly to create a smooth custard base.
Next, return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens to a luxurious consistency. The aroma of chocolate will fill your kitchen, heightening the anticipation for the final result.
The addition of chopped bittersweet chocolate and vanilla extract elevates the filling to a whole new level of decadence. Stir them into the custard until velvety smooth, then pour the chocolate filling into the prepared crust. Let it set in the refrigerator for at least four hours, allowing the flavors to meld and the texture to become firm.
Before serving, whip a cup of heavy cream until soft peaks form. Spread the freshly whipped cream over the chilled pie, creating an irresistible topping. To add a final touch of elegance, garnish with delicate chocolate shavings. Slice into generous portions and savor every bite.
This Edwards Chocolate Cream Pie is a showstopper at any gathering. Its luscious taste and stunning appearance make it a crowd favorite. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply indulging in a sweet treat, this recipe is guaranteed to leave a lasting impression.