Cowboy Caviar Recipe With Mayo And Sour Cream
Looking for a flavorful and satisfying appetizer for your next gathering? Look no further than this delectable Cowboy Caviar recipe with mayo and sour cream. Packed with fresh ingredients and bursting with vibrant flavors, this dish is guaranteed to be a hit with both veggie lovers and meat enthusiasts alike.
Cowboy Caviar is a versatile and hearty dip or salad that originated in the Southern regions of the United States. It gets its name from the similar appearance of traditional caviar, but this variation is completely vegetarian-friendly. Plus, the addition of mayo and sour cream gives it a rich and creamy texture that perfectly complements the crispness of the vegetables.
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the black beans, corn, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetable mixture and toss until well-coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Before serving, give the Cowboy Caviar a good stir and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
This Cowboy Caviar recipe with mayo and sour cream is bursting with fresh flavors and creamy textures. The combination of black beans, corn, colorful bell peppers, and zesty seasoning creates a delightful symphony of tastes that will please your taste buds. The mayo and sour cream perfectly bind all the ingredients together, giving the dish a rich and indulgent character. Serve it as a dip with tortilla chips or as a side dish alongside grilled meats. No matter how you enjoy it, this Cowboy Caviar recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Nutrition information (per serving): Calories 180, Fat 10g, Cholesterol 8mg, Sodium 250mg, Carbohydrate 19g, Fiber 4g, Sugars 3g, Protein 4g
(Make a story conclusion of at least 300 words about the recipe Cowboy Caviar Recipe With Mayo And Sour Cream)