Cipriani Cake Recipe
Indulge in the deliciousness of Cipriani Cake, a mouthwatering American dessert that combines rich flavors and textures. This exquisite cake recipe originated from the renowned Cipriani restaurant in Venice, Italy, and has become a beloved treat globally. With its delicate layers and captivating taste, Cipriani Cake is guaranteed to be a showstopper at any event or gathering.
The journey of creating a delectable Cipriani Cake starts with assembling the ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 1/4 cup apricot jam, warmed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, oil, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add this dry mixture to the wet ingredients, alternating with buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry mixture.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans. Smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In another mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice until stiff peaks form. This will be your creamy filling.
- Once the cakes have completely cooled, place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread a generous amount of the creamy filling over the top.
- Arrange the fresh berries over the filling and gently press them down.
- Place the second cake layer on top and press lightly to secure.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the warmed apricot jam over the cake, allowing it to flow down the sides.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together and the cream to set.
- Slice and serve the delightful Cipriani Cake, savoring each bite of its heavenly taste and the harmonious combination of flavors.
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
Cipriani Cake is a harmonious blend of moist cake layers, luscious cream filling, and fresh berries, all encased in a glaze of aromatic apricot jam. Its melt-in-your-mouth texture and delectable sweetness make it a delightful dessert that leaves a lasting impression. Served at weddings, birthdays, or any special occasion, this cake will be the highlight of the event, captivating everyone with its tempting aroma and visual appeal.
Nutrition information: 1 serving (slice) – Calories: 380, Total Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 100mg, Sodium: 210mg, Carbohydrates: 40g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 22g, Protein: 6g
As you savor each mouthful of Cipriani Cake, you’ll experience the delicate balance of flavors, the creaminess of the filling, the freshness of the berries, and the subtle sweetness of the glaze. This recipe is perfect for celebrating special moments or simply indulging in a scrumptious treat. With its enticing presentation and irresistible taste, Cipriani Cake will become your go-to dessert recipe that will impress your family and friends every time you serve it. So go ahead, try this Cipriani Cake recipe and create a memorable dessert experience for your loved ones.