Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel Recipe
If you’re looking to recreate the delicious Chicken Pot Pie from Cracker Barrel in the comfort of your own home, you’ve come to the right place. This recipe brings together tender chicken, flavorful vegetables, and a buttery crust to create a comforting dish that will warm your soul. It’s the perfect option for family dinners or potluck gatherings, and the best part is that it’s surprisingly easy to make.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, corn)
- 1/2 cup diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and celery, and cook until they start to soften.
- Add the diced potatoes and mixed vegetables to the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle the flour over the skillet and stir until the vegetables are coated.
- Slowly pour in the chicken broth and milk, stirring continuously. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the shredded chicken, salt, and black pepper. Remove the skillet from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place one pie crust in a greased 9-inch pie dish. Pour the chicken mixture into the dish.
- Place the second pie crust over the filling and seal the edges. Cut a few slits on the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
This Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel Recipe is a classic comfort food dish that brings together tender chicken, flavorful vegetables, and a buttery crust. It’s perfect for a family dinner or a potluck gathering, and it’s surprisingly easy to make.
Nutrition facts: Serving size: 1 slice, Calories: 390, Fat: 18g, Carbohydrates: 37g, Protein: 19g
After taking your first bite of this Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel Recipe, you’ll be transported to a cozy Southern kitchen, where warm and hearty meals are made with love. Every forkful is packed with a comforting blend of flavors and textures, from the tender chicken and vegetables to the buttery, flaky crust that cradles it all.
The secret to this recipe’s success lies in the combination of quality ingredients and a few simple techniques. By sautéing the onions, celery, and potatoes until soft, and then combining them with shredded chicken and a creamy sauce, you create a filling that is both rich and satisfying. The addition of mixed vegetables brings a burst of color and freshness to the dish, balancing out the richness of the sauce.
But it’s the crust that truly takes this Chicken Pot Pie to the next level. Using refrigerated pie crusts not only saves time, but also guarantees a buttery and flaky crust that perfectly complements the savory filling. The golden-brown crust provides a delightful crunch, while encasing all the deliciousness inside.
This recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household. It’s a comfort food classic that never fails to impress, and it’s versatile enough to be enjoyed on any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a holiday feast or simply craving a warm and homemade meal, this Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel Recipe is the perfect choice. So go ahead, gather your ingredients, and get ready to taste Southern comfort at its finest.