Chicken Maison Recipe
Chicken Maison is a classic French dish that never fails to impress with its delicious flavors and tender, juicy chicken. This recipe is a favorite among both home cooks and professional chefs, and it’s easy to see why. The combination of herbs, spices, and a few secret ingredients creates a dish that is simply irresistible.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook until browned on both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the dried thyme and rosemary to the skillet and stir to combine with the onions and garlic.
- Pour in the chicken broth, white wine, and lemon juice. Stir well to combine.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet, nestling them into the sauce.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and transfer it to the preheated oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh parsley for garnish.
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Chicken Maison is a classic French dish made with tender chicken breasts cooked in a flavorful herb and white wine sauce. It’s a perfect meal for a special occasion or a romantic dinner at home.
Chicken Maison is a dish that brings the essence of French cuisine to your table. The aroma of herbs and spices fills the air as the chicken simmers in a delightful blend of flavors. The tender meat falls off the bone, and each bite is a burst of savory goodness.
To start this culinary masterpiece, you’ll need high-quality chicken breasts. Make sure they are fresh and juicy, as that is the key to a successful Chicken Maison. In a large oven-safe skillet, brown the chicken on both sides to lock in the flavors and juices. Remove the chicken and sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic until they are fragrant and golden. This is when the magic begins.
Add the dried thyme and rosemary to the skillet, and watch as the aromas intensify. The herbs infuse the dish with their earthy and aromatic notes, creating a symphony of flavors. Pour in the chicken broth, white wine, and lemon juice, and let the sauce simmer and thicken. Return the chicken breasts to the skillet, nestling them into the sauce, and cover with a lid.
Now, it’s time to let the oven work its magic. Bake the chicken at 375°F for about 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches a safe internal temperature. The result is tender, succulent chicken that melts in your mouth. The sauce, rich with the flavors of the herbs and wine, adds the perfect finishing touch to this exquisite dish.
Serve the Chicken Maison with a side of mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables for a complete and satisfying meal. Garnish with fresh parsley for a pop of color and freshness. Your guests will be delighted by the flavors and presentation, and you’ll become known as the master of French cuisine.
In conclusion, Chicken Maison is a recipe that will transport your taste buds to the enchanting streets of France. Its rich flavors, tender chicken, and aromatic herbs make it a standout dish that is guaranteed to impress. Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or simply indulging in a gourmet meal at home, Chicken Maison is a culinary experience that you won’t forget.