Chicken Bog Recipe Paula Deen
Chicken Bog is a traditional Southern dish that combines chicken, rice, and sausage into a flavorful one-pot meal. This recipe from Paula Deen is a true classic, showcasing her expertise in Southern cuisine. The dish is hearty, comforting, and perfect for feeding a crowd or simply indulging in a comforting family meal.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, place the chicken and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 1 hour, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside to cool. Once cooled, remove the skin and bones, and shred the meat.
- In the same pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until softened and fragrant.
- Add the sliced sausage to the pot and cook until browned.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the pot, along with the rice, chicken broth, salt, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper (if using).
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and all the flavors have melded together.
- Remove from heat and let the Chicken Bog sit, covered, for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
Total time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
Chicken Bog Recipe Paula Deen is a classic Southern dish that combines chicken, rice, and smoked sausage into a flavorful one-pot meal. This hearty and comforting dish is perfect for feeding a crowd or enjoying with your family. The combination of tender chicken, savory sausage, and aromatic spices creates a delicious and satisfying flavor profile. The rice absorbs all the flavors from the chicken and sausage, resulting in a dish that is both indulgent and comforting. This recipe is a testament to Paula Deen’s expertise in Southern cuisine and is sure to become a family favorite. Serve it up at your next gathering or enjoy it as a comforting meal on a cozy night in. Either way, you won’t be disappointed!
Serving Size: 1 serving (based on 8 servings)
Total Fat: 18g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Total Carbohydrate: 35g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Vitamin D: 0%
Chicken Bog Recipe Paula Deen is a classic Southern dish that combines chicken, rice, and smoked sausage into a flavorful one-pot meal. It has been a staple of Southern cuisine for generations, and for good reason. The combination of tender chicken, savory sausage, and fluffy rice creates a dish that is both comforting and indulgent.
Paula Deen’s recipe for Chicken Bog is particularly special. Her expertise in Southern cooking shines through in every bite. The chicken is perfectly cooked and falls off the bone, while the sausage adds a smoky, rich flavor. The rice absorbs all these delicious flavors, making every mouthful a delight.
The preparation is straightforward. The chicken is simmered until tender, then shredded and combined with the other ingredients in a large pot. The dish is then left to simmer gently until the flavors meld together and the rice is cooked to perfection. The result is a pot full of warm, comforting goodness that is a joy to eat.
Whether you’re feeding a crowd at a family gathering or simply craving a comforting meal at home, Chicken Bog Recipe Paula Deen is a fantastic choice. It’s a dish that brings people together and warms the soul. So grab your ingredients, follow Paula Deen’s recipe, and get ready to enjoy a taste of the South.