CharlestonʼS Baked Potato Soup Recipe
Are you looking for the perfect comfort food to warm you up on a cold winter night? Look no further than this delicious CharlestonʼS Baked Potato Soup Recipe. With its creamy texture and rich flavors, this soup is sure to become a favorite in your household. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make!
- 6 large russet potatoes, washed and peeled
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Pierce the potatoes several times with a fork and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for about 1 hour or until tender.
- In a large pot, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from the pot and set aside, leaving the bacon grease in the pot.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the pot with the bacon grease and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Cut the baked potatoes into small cubes and add them to the pot. Stir to combine with the onion and garlic.
- Pour in the chicken broth and milk, and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Using a potato masher or an immersion blender, partially mash the potatoes to thicken the soup.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream to the pot, stirring until melted and well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with crumbled bacon, chopped chives, and an extra sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6 servings
This CharlestonʼS Baked Potato Soup Recipe is the ultimate comfort food. The creamy texture and rich flavors make it the perfect dish to enjoy on a cold winter night. The combination of bacon, cheddar cheese, and sour cream adds a delicious savory element to the soup, while the fresh chives provide a burst of freshness.
Nutrition information: (Provide nutrition information if available)
(Write a story conclusion of at least 300 words about the CharlestonʼS Baked Potato Soup Recipe. Talk about your personal experience making and enjoying this soup, the history or inspiration behind the recipe, and any additional tips or variations you recommend.)