Bing Cherry Pie Filling Recipe
This Bing Cherry Pie Filling Recipe is a family favorite that has been passed down for generations. The sweet, juicy Bing cherries are the star of the show in this classic American dessert. Whether you’re making a pie for a special occasion or simply to satisfy your sweet tooth, this recipe is sure to impress.
- 4 cups fresh Bing cherries, pitted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the cherries, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in the almond extract and lemon juice.
- Allow the filling to cool completely before using in a pie.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 pie
This Bing Cherry Pie Filling Recipe is the perfect way to showcase the delicious flavor of fresh Bing cherries. The sweet and tangy filling is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
Nutritional information: Serving size – 1/8 of pie. Calories: 180, Total Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 0mg, Total Carbohydrates: 42g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 35g, Protein: 1g
This Bing Cherry Pie Filling Recipe is a true crowd-pleaser. The rich aroma that fills the kitchen while the pie is baking will have everyone eagerly anticipating the first bite. The combination of sweet, juicy Bing cherries and the flaky, buttery crust is simply irresistible. Whether you’re enjoying a slice on a warm summer day or savoring it during the holidays, this pie is sure to bring joy to all who taste it. So go ahead, give this recipe a try and let the wonderful flavors of Bing cherries shine in your next homemade pie!