Angel Food Cake Recipe With Sour Cream
Who can resist a slice of light and fluffy angel food cake? This delightful dessert is a classic American favorite that never goes out of style. With its melt-in-your-mouth texture and sweet vanilla flavor, angel food cake is a treat that everyone enjoys. And today, we are going to make it even more scrumptious by incorporating sour cream into the recipe. This addition adds a subtle tanginess and richness to the cake, making it even more irresistible.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 12 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C).
- In a medium bowl, sift together the cake flour and half of the granulated sugar. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites on medium speed until foamy.
- Add the cream of tartar and salt, and continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the remaining granulated sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, while continuing to beat on medium-high speed.
- Once all the sugar is incorporated, beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in the sifted flour mixture until fully combined.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream until smooth.
- Add a small amount of the cake batter into the sour cream and mix until well blended.
- Slowly pour the sour cream mixture into the remaining cake batter and fold gently until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased angel food cake pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Remove the cake from the oven and invert the pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, carefully run a knife around the edges of the pan to release the cake.
- Serve slices of this heavenly angel food cake with fresh berries or a dollop of whipped cream.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 cake
A light and fluffy angel food cake made with sour cream for added richness and flavor. Perfect for any occasion.
Nutritional information: Calories per serving – 180, Total fat – 3g, Cholesterol – 0mg, Sodium – 130mg, Total carbohydrates – 35g, Protein – 4g
Making an angel food cake with sour cream takes this classic dessert to a whole new level of deliciousness. The addition of sour cream adds moisture and richness to the cake while enhancing its tangy flavor. The light and airy texture remain, but with an extra hint of creaminess that will make your taste buds dance with joy.
This recipe is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday party, a holiday gathering, or simply a sweet treat for yourself. The process of making angel food cake can be intimidating, but with the right technique and a little patience, you’ll end up with a cake that looks and tastes like it came from a fancy bakery.
The key to a successful angel food cake is in the egg whites. Beating them to the perfect consistency and incorporating the other ingredients gently is crucial to achieve that light and fluffy texture we all love. The sour cream adds not only flavor but also helps to keep the cake moist and tender.
Serve this heavenly angel food cake with some fresh berries or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra touch of indulgence. Your guests will be impressed by the delicate taste and texture that this cake offers. And don’t be surprised if they keep asking for seconds or even thirds!
So why wait? Get your apron on, gather the ingredients, and let’s bake a beautiful Angel Food Cake with Sour Cream that will leave everyone asking for the recipe. Happy baking!